Welcome to the Liberian Registry Online Application System for Ship Liability Certificates
Liberia is a Party to the Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks, 2007 (WRC), International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001
(BCLC), and the International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage, 1992 (CLC). The Liberian Registry issues vessel certificates that are required to be carried on
board to verify registered owners maintain insurance or other financial security to cover liabilities in compliance with the relevant convention.
The conventions apply to the following ships:
- WRC - Ships 300 GT and above.
- BCLC - Ships greater than 1,000 GT with bunker oil.
- CLC - Ships carrying more than 2,000 GT of oil in bulk as cargo.
The Liberian Administration issues WRC, BCLC and CLC certificates for:
- Vessels registered in Liberia; and
- Vessels registered in States that are not Party to either the WRC, BCLC or CLC conventions.